The Aims of the Didsbury Civic Society
Founded in 1966, Didsbury Civic Society aspires to:
Represent the interests of residents of all ages in an ever-changing world.
- Support the needs of local businesses.
- Preserve the heritage and yet be aware of the needs of development.
- Encourage a greater awareness of local history.
- Promote a feeling of community pride.
- Welcome and encourage local and council participation.
The Society covers part of the area contained by the Manchester City Council wards of Didsbury East and West. The boundaries of the Society's interest lies roughly from Palatine Road to the East and Kingsway to the West; from Oak Road and Parkville Road to the North and the River Mersey to the South. These wards are part of the parliamentary constituency of Manchester Withington.
You can contact the Society by email: firstname.lastname@example.org